One of the pillars of Pulp’s design philosophy is the final 15 percent of design — adding those perfect finishing touches and art that make a room feel finished and whole. We always make sure to tell our interior design clients‘ stories through those finishing touches. The easiest way to make a room feel customized: adding coffee table books that reflect your personal style.
1. Harper’s Bazaar, Greatest Hits | 2. Chanel Three-Book Set | 3. Beyond Chic: Great Fashion Designers at Home
1. Escape: The Heyday of Caribbean Glamour | 2. London: Portrait of a City | 3. 20th Century Travel
1. Design of the 20th Century | 2. Artistic Interiors | 3. Jeff Leatham: Visionary Floral Art and Design
1. Andy Warhol. Polaroids | 2. 20th Century Photography | 3. Art of the 20th Century
1. Punk Press | 2. 50 Years of Rolling Stone | 3. Music Box
Which style would best fit your home?
Image from The Rug Company
We’re completely in love with maximalist style… We’re giving the often-traditional style a Pulp twist that we’re calling “the modern maximalist.” Intrigued? The trend calls for layering over-the-top patterns and colors for maximum style. The sky’s the limit when it comes to this trend, and the name of the game is pulling together pieces that ordinarily wouldn’t feel cohesive for a bold, shocking style.
1. Cosma Charcoal fabric by Lee Jofa | 2. Carriacou fabric by Pierre Frey Paris | 3. Solistone Byzantine tile by Statements Tile | 4. Herve Van Der Straeten custom table | 5. Aruna Wall Light by Brabbu ( Pulp to purchase) | 6. AVF Acrylic X-Print Candy Bowl | 7. Jonathan Adler Globo Boxes | 8. Lips Hush Needlepoint Throw Pillow | 9. Multi Windmill Bargello Throw Pillow | 10. Sonara Arm Chair | 11. Brass Hand Open Palm | 12. DVF Python Glory Rug from the Rug Company | 13. Alexander McQueen Hummingbird Rug from the Rug Company
Designing the stair landing for the 2016 Traditional Home Napa Valley Showhouse meant finding pieces from our favorite trade sources and customizing items that we could perfectly visualize but not find anywhere. We rounded up some of the key elements for turning the stair landing into a usable lounge space.
1. circa lighting Kelly Wearstler Cubist Small Chandelier | 2. Rob Delamater, Vessel Series from Carneal Simmons Gallery | 3. Black Marble Cube on Stand | 4. Wyllie Chair from Century Furniture ( Pulp to purchase) | 5. Tom Ford Coffee Table Book | 6. Abstract Zinc Sculpture | 7. Garvey Lamp | 8. Hancock Console Table from Vanguard Furniture ( Pulp to purchase) | 9. Arrows rug by Paul Smith
Layer up with glam metallics, marble, and fur for your most opulent holiday parties — glam up your space for hosting in your beautifully designed home or put on your most glam pieces for heading out.
1. Fendi FF 0190 Sunglasses | 2. Gold Koons Object | 3. Oscar de la Renta Peacock Jacquard Skirt | 4. Champaca Pillow | 5. Deborah Lippmann Cleopatra in New York | 6. Hammered Gold Bud Vase Set | 7. David Yurman Supernova Spray Climber Earrings | 8. Lilly E Violeta Fox Fur Stole | 9. Joseph Williams Magnesite Napkin Ring | 10. Iktinos Marmaron Spiros Soulis Designs Wine Cooler | 11. Marni Snakeskin-Heel Ankle Boots
Featured Image: Ophelie Guillermand by Nagi Sakai for Harper’s Bazaar Spain
With the holiday season approaching, the Pulp Design Studios team is preparing to travel to loved ones across the country. We know many of our interior design clients are also busy traveling, so we rounded up some of our favorite travel-friendly items — from facial mist to comfy travel apparel — to gift to the frequent flyer in your life or purchase for yourself.
1. Mary Green Sleeping in Black Silk Sleep Mask | 2. QuietComfort Noise Cancelling Headphones | 3. J Crew Vintage Pajama Set | 4. Kiehl’s Healthy Skin Starter Kit | 5. Mario Badescu Rosewater Facial Spray | 6. Barneys New York Luggage Tag | 7. Oversized Scarf/Travel Blanket | 8. Oversized Vegan Weekender Bag | 9. Nike Juvenate SE Sneaker | 10. Carry-On Cocktail Kit: Moscow Mule | 11. Bobbi Brown Travel Brush Set
Take a look at the rest of our gift guide series here.
Featured image from Watch Anish
As days grow shorter and nights grow longer, darkness descends — the perfect time to whip out your dark lipstick and your chicest witchy wear. Wear black head-to-toe for a look that makes bystanders both in awe of and terrified of you; cast a spell on someone if they give you the side-eye. Here are our favorite picks to bring out your inner witch.
1. Dior So Real L Sunglasses | 2. Acrylic Antler Mount Medium | 3. Panacea Beaded Fringe Crystal Earrings | 4. Steve Madden Pamperd Lace-Up Pump | 5. Arrowhead Gold Skull | 6. Fornasetti Porcelain Plates | 7. Dolce & Gabbana Mini Sicily Velvet Shoulder Bag | 8. Byredo Burning Rose Candle
Memorial Day marks the unofficial start to summer, and a three-day weekend is always the perfect kick off! Whether you’re going to the lake, throwing a barbecue or traveling to another city, check out the links below to prepare for a long weekend.
- Dessert is my favorite part of any barbecue. Try one of these desserts that are perfect for Memorial Day.
- A relaxing float is the best pool accessory. This inflatable pink flamingo is ideal for lounging.
- A classic pair of sunglasses never goes out of style. I’ve been eyeing these oversized sunnies for months.
- Cocktails are essential for a celebratory weekend. I’ve been obsessed with Moscow Mules lately and this carry on cocktail kit is amazing, just add vodka!
- Whether you’re going for casual or dressy, try one of these chic and easy looks to inspire your best Memorial Day outfit.
Image by Slim Aarons Photography
Spring season means the beginning of warm weather, and I’m taking full advantage of this perfect patio weather! I love sitting with friends and having a couple cocktails. Check out the links below to make the most of this patio season!
- This multifunctional stool adds the perfect pop of color to any patio.
- These classic, yet stylish aviators are the perfect accessory for sunny weather.
- Keep your skin protected with one of these 11 favorite face sunscreens.
- Cool down with one of these 20 paleta recipes to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Check out these pet-friendly restaurants in your area. Your dog can enjoy the weather too!
image by Juco Photography
It’s officially March, which means we are only a week away from St. Patrick’s Day. Celebrate at a pub, parade or festival, and don’t forget to wear green! Check out these 5 links for some extra Irish spirit.
- Rather than your local pub, plan a mini-getaway to one of the best cities to celebrate St. Patrick’s day.
- Throwing your own party? Mix up one of these St. Patrick’s Day cocktails (don’t worry, they’re all green!)
- Get festive with these lucky clover cufflinks.
- Celebrate the luck of the Irish with some boozy desserts made with Guinness.
- Add a pop of green to your home with an embroidered throw pillow.
image by Joanna Kustra
It seems like it’s that time of year where everyone is trying to fight off that pesky reoccurring cold. Both our Seattle and Dallas office’s have been fighting off colds for weeks now. We are slammed with work (which is never a bad thing) and being out sick is not an option! Follow these 5 links to help fight off that cold that doesn’t seem to want to go away…
- What you ingest is always the most important. Your body needs good vitamins and energy to tackle your cold. Here are 10 foods to Eat to Avoid a Winter Cold.
- The perfect balance for staying comfortable yet stylish: Comfy and Casual Street Style.
- Healthy green smoothies are a satisfying and nutritious breakfast while fighting a cold. Here’s a Cold Buster Green Smoothie recipe that I’ve always loved.
- Too sick to make it to work? Here are 10 Tips for Surviving Sick Days at Home.
- When chaos seems to hit, we tend to lose ourselves. But maintaining that balance is so important for our daily lives and health. I love these Healthy Habits for Creating Balance by Anne Sage as a go by to help remind me where my body and mind need to be.
Featured Image by Oracle Fox